Sunday, March 11, 2012

2012 Fantasy Baseball Rankings for OBP (101-150)



You know the drill by now.  Rankings are for OBP.  Drafting as if it was today.  Below are my rankings from 101-150.  To see 1-50 click here.  For 51-100 click here.  Thanks for looking, feel free to leave comments and questions:

101. Daniel Hudson - This spot is right at last year's value.  Hopefully it's low.
102. Dee Gordon - Speed.  Should hit lead off.
103. Eric Hosmer - For some reason I'm not sold 2012 will be his rise in 1B tiers.
104. Carlos Beltran - People will be afraid of age, but I think he's got one left in the tank.
105. Matt Wieters - Everyone loves him, but I take him later since he's a C that won't produce even here.
106. Ricky Romero - Hope last year wasn't a fluke.
107. Brandon Beachy - Should improve on last year's good start.
108. Jayson Werth - Just one year removed from 2nd round value in OBP.  Granted that was in PHI.
109. Matt Garza - If Theo didn't want to give him up, than he must be something.
110. Michael Pineda - Reports of velocity down have me only slightly worried.  Still pitching for Yanks' lineup.
111. JJ Putz - Great last year, and not much competition.
112. Paul Goldschmidt - Worried about small sample size from last year.
113. Ichiro Suzuki - Might not bat lead-off hurts, but hoping it motivates him.
114. Alex Avila - Nice lineup.  You know what he did last year.
115. Miguel Montero - Another for the category of someone will take him here.  I wait.
116. Ike Davis - Injury should be behind him.
117. Gio Gonzalez - New venue, but I'm optimistic.
118. Logan Morrison - Lots of promise.  They won't send him down again for no reason.
119. Jose Valverde - Also dependable, hopefully DET will get even more wins.  Value.
120. Andrew Bailey - I'm worried about injury past, but BOS closer is always worth it.
121. Joel Hanrahan - Quietly getting it done.
122. Brian Wilson - Discount offset last year's injury and trips to Taco Bell Porcelain Gods.
123. Chris Carpenter - Almost excited about small set back.  Should be a better value.
124. Chris Young - Much better in OBP, but he is still a OBP detriment.
125. David Ortiz - Need better position eligibility, but great if you have room.
126. Josh Beckett - He is on one year, off the next.  The wheel then forecasts down year.
127. Derek Jeter - No longer a stud, but plays almost every game and still a Yankee.
128. Adam Jones - Poor OBP.  Just not a fan of his decline.
129. Freddie Freeman - Usually passed over for a round or two.  More value if you play expanded rosters.
130. Cameron Maybin - Is that a Padre?  Go SD!
131. Billy Butler - His AVG doesn't help my OBP as much.  I want more power from my 1B.
132. Ryan Madson - Closing in a slightly worse situation, but it's his.
133. Jordan Walden - Great team to close for, but for some reason I think he loses job by end of year.
134. Andre Ethier - On bad side of 27, and I think power is fleeting fast.
135. Dustin Ackley - Promising, but in SEA.
136. Mark Reynolds - OBP stud.  I don't want to take a 3B after him.
137. J.J. Hardy - Power at SS is always nice.
138. Yoenis Cespedes - Pretty hyped, but I'm excited about him.  Beane doesn't pay for anything.
139. Melky Cabrera - Showed to be reliable last year.
140. Joakim Soria - I believe he will return to 2nd tier closer status.
141. Carlos Marmol - Not sure how many the Cubs will win.
142. Cory Luebke - Pitching in Petco is always a treat.
143. Shaun Marcum - Good 2 or 3 pitcher for your squad.
144. Dexter Fowler - I've always been a fan.  Appears to have added more power in off-season.
145. Brandon Morrow - Promise is there, some injuries hopefully in the rear view.
146. Nick Markakis - I think he decline will continue.  Almost put him later, but he finished 118 in 2012.
147. Jesus Montero - Also a top prospect of the Yanks, tough lineup to be in now though.
148. Erick Aybar - Fun lineup to be apart.  Stable.
149. Martin Prado - Was great 2 years ago.
150. Coco Crisp - Always okay.  That's the kind of OF you need if you are still looking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment