As some of
you know, since you found me on there, I have been hosting question and answer
sessions in the Yahoo Draft and Trade Talk forum. I want to thank you all for the questions and
as a help to others I decided to make a collection of the most helpful and best
questions. If you have any other fantasy
questions and I’m not on Yahoo boards, please ask me through Twitter @RotoHero
or Tumblr. Don’t forget to follow me so
you can keep up to date with my articles throughout the season.
Do you prefer
having more bench hitters or bench pitchers? I can see the validity to both
sides, but I generally go with extra pitching to get somewhat of a rotation
going within my team. Thoughts?
For H2H I have more pitchers usually (assuming there are
limits to add/drops), but for Roto I have more Hitters.
I have more hitters in Roto because I need them for everyday, fill in on an off day or injury. For SP outside of my core 4-6 depending on league size, you can pick up a SP for a spot start usually pretty easily. It's easier to find a pitcher once a week than a fill batter for 6 days.
For a spot start look for who's pitching against the Padres in Petco or whoever else is bad, then drop them after they started. Unless they were amazing you can probably get them again after waivers, if not ride them. There is too much holding time with an extra SP.
I have more hitters in Roto because I need them for everyday, fill in on an off day or injury. For SP outside of my core 4-6 depending on league size, you can pick up a SP for a spot start usually pretty easily. It's easier to find a pitcher once a week than a fill batter for 6 days.
For a spot start look for who's pitching against the Padres in Petco or whoever else is bad, then drop them after they started. Unless they were amazing you can probably get them again after waivers, if not ride them. There is too much holding time with an extra SP.
Drafted Soria and
the former Nunez, now I'm hurting for a closer, who's an unknown that may get a
chance to get saves?
Sorry to hear.
Back up to Soria should be Broxton or maybe Holland, I would start there.
OAK is not set in stone Fuentes or Balfour.
I think Jensen for LAD is good even if he doesn't close.
Perez in CLE is weak, so maybe Pestano at some point in time.
Those I think are the best bets.
Back up to Soria should be Broxton or maybe Holland, I would start there.
OAK is not set in stone Fuentes or Balfour.
I think Jensen for LAD is good even if he doesn't close.
Perez in CLE is weak, so maybe Pestano at some point in time.
Those I think are the best bets.
Do you think Adam
Lind can be top 100 player again or do you think his earlier success was just a
fluke?
I think that Lind is the player in between his 2009 break out
year and last years dud. Toronto has a greatly improved, so the opportunities
will be there, but I think 2009 was his max. Definitely still serviceable, but
I would rather gamble on Yoenis Céspedes a few picks behind him. Also I play
OBP mostly, and Lind does not walk. Move him further down if you do as well.
Thoughts on a trade
side a: J-up,
Starlin castro, Howie Kendrick and Grienke
side B; Bautista, Holliday, Andrus, and Kuroda
side B; Bautista, Holliday, Andrus, and Kuroda
If you are playing OBP league, side B all the way. Assuming
you are playing AVG, it feels pretty fair, I would still lean toward Side B.
If you are side A who do you have at 2B, side B who do you have to back up at 3B if you trade Jose.
I am more sold on everyone on B, except Kuroda, but pitching for the Yankees I think he will get enough wins to get 12-15 round value.
Side A looks good, but for me its every player I'm just not quite sold on.
If you are side A who do you have at 2B, side B who do you have to back up at 3B if you trade Jose.
I am more sold on everyone on B, except Kuroda, but pitching for the Yankees I think he will get enough wins to get 12-15 round value.
Side A looks good, but for me its every player I'm just not quite sold on.
Is Pence a number 1
of option or more of a 2? 10 team roto standard 5x5 league
I guess it is all based on perspective.
I would say that he is not a first tier OF with Joey Bats, Gonz, Braun, Jacoby, etc. but I would say he is in that next OF tier.
That being said, I try not to draft OF early on because you can find lots of OF talent later on. If a 1st tier OF falls to me I will take him, but I hope that I don't take an OF until someone like Pence. So for me he becomes my OF anchor.
I would say that he is not a first tier OF with Joey Bats, Gonz, Braun, Jacoby, etc. but I would say he is in that next OF tier.
That being said, I try not to draft OF early on because you can find lots of OF talent later on. If a 1st tier OF falls to me I will take him, but I hope that I don't take an OF until someone like Pence. So for me he becomes my OF anchor.
Would you drop
colby lewis or john danks to pick up liriano?
I'm more excited about Lirano after saying he is past last
year's shoulder injury, but I would prefer Lewis and Danks. I would drop Danks
first if you want to pull the trigger though.
Would you trade
Halladay for Cargo?
Depends on who you have on offense and pitching, but I would
rather have Halladay.
Sandoval or Lawrie?
Lawrie for me. I'm not a believer in the Panda. If you play
OBP like I do, Lawrie no question.
12-team Roto, 5 x
5, keeper league (keep 10 players), featuring OBP rather than BA.
Draft therefore basically
"begins" in round 11. Non-snake draft. I never
protect closers. Very few managers in league do. Counting from the first pick in the 11th
round (due to 10 keepers per manager), I have the Nos. 10, 13, 14 and 22
selections. League features 3 RP spots so closers dry up around
round 5 (15, to be accurate). Need at least 3 closers to rank in the top 3 in
that category.
Do I spend two of my first four picks on closers, and lock up two elite closers (Papelbon & Storen, for example) and then wait to pick up a late-round flier like Addison Reed? Or do I ignore closers until round 4 (14) and bear the risk of a closer run where I wind up with dog poop and Frank Francisco (one in the same?) responsible for saves?
Do I spend two of my first four picks on closers, and lock up two elite closers (Papelbon & Storen, for example) and then wait to pick up a late-round flier like Addison Reed? Or do I ignore closers until round 4 (14) and bear the risk of a closer run where I wind up with dog poop and Frank Francisco (one in the same?) responsible for saves?
Glad to see you are playing OBP like I do.
I'm sure they go fast, but I would use my first pick on an elite closer because you need it and they will also provide value better than the 11th round. Then worry about the other ones as need. I'm sure there is an SP or bat at 12 that would be better than paying for Storen.
I'm sure they go fast, but I would use my first pick on an elite closer because you need it and they will also provide value better than the 11th round. Then worry about the other ones as need. I'm sure there is an SP or bat at 12 that would be better than paying for Storen.
In a 12 team roto
league what round do you take your first starting pitcher in?
The answer is it depends, on position/trends. If people are
reaching or they don't line up maybe a round early. I love
Kershaw/Hall/Verlander, but I would rather pass on them unless they are sitting
there. I like to take my first pitcher at or before Haren/Price.
CC is usually my first pitcher. I love getting the wins and he is a consistent value.
Rough answer 4th round.
CC is usually my first pitcher. I love getting the wins and he is a consistent value.
Rough answer 4th round.
12 team roto 5x5
money league, good drafters 1.miggy 2.pujols I have 3rd pick, best option and
why?
I happen to have the 3rd pick in my draft too, I'm all about
Joey Bats at 3. We've seen two straight great years and he is at 3B which has a
big drop off. I like too many OFs late to take Kemp and even though SS is
scarce I don't believe Tulo will finish at his draft pick like Bats will.
TEAM A
hamels, pedroia, gordon
TEAM B
castro, zobrist, Brian wilson, Gio gonzalez
Generic stats
Who Wins and WHY? THANK YOU
hamels, pedroia, gordon
TEAM B
castro, zobrist, Brian wilson, Gio gonzalez
Generic stats
Who Wins and WHY? THANK YOU
Keeping this isolated from team depth and needs. I would
prefer team A.
I would rather have pedroia to zob and hamels to castro. B wilson and G Gonz I don't like that much more than Gordon and not enough to make up the difference of the other ones.
I would rather have pedroia to zob and hamels to castro. B wilson and G Gonz I don't like that much more than Gordon and not enough to make up the difference of the other ones.
Hey Roto Hero,
where I can I find a list of rankings for only the top 20 20 guys, if I wanted
to draft using that type of strategy.
Not sure specifically, but you could go onto
BaseballMonster.com and customize league settings for just HR and SB. The
projections you have to be a member for, but you could find out who was in the
club last year.
Hanley or Reyes
HanRam for sure. Even if I didn't believe HanRam was going to
rebound, which I do, I don't have a lot of faith in Reyes. Too many injuries
for me. I'll get my bags later at less risk.
Wainwright, Johnson
or Latos for 2012?
Wainwright first, then Latos because I've been burned by the
Johnson injury plague.
Ackley + Markakis
or Phillips + Carp?
Leaning towards Philips and Carp. You get the best player in
Philips and I am not to high on Markakis. Carp should provide some value. I
like Ackley, but think he is so restrained by that SEA lineup.
I need to get some
OF power and closers. I'm getting different offers, being CarGo for Lester +
Beachy the one that is really causing me problems on deciding if should I take
it or not.
The other trades offers I've got are:
I give Cueto I get Heyward
I give Masterson I get Bailey
The other trades offers I've got are:
I give Cueto I get Heyward
I give Masterson I get Bailey
I don't like CarGo for Lester and Beachy. If I give up a
1/2nd rounder I want a top tier SP back.
I do like both Cueto for Heyward and Masterson for Bailey. Cueto will not duplicate last year and Heyward is too talented to not go for it. Also you have to take the BOS closer if you can and for Masterson. Done in my opinion.
I do like both Cueto for Heyward and Masterson for Bailey. Cueto will not duplicate last year and Heyward is too talented to not go for it. Also you have to take the BOS closer if you can and for Masterson. Done in my opinion.
No comments:
Post a Comment